Private Taxi Tour in Kyoto (8 hours or 4 hours)
Great value trip for people who want to see it all and in a short period of time. Pick up from your accommodation in Kyoto is Free!
This private taxi tour will allow you to visit Kyoto’s most popular sightseeing sites which are scattered throughout the city.
Due to its great popularity among both Japanese and foreigners alike, Kyoto can get extremely crowded. This taxi tour allows you to enjoy the flexibility of moving around both on foot and by taxi in the most efficient way to get around for a small group of up to 4 people.
If your group is bigger no worries! We also offer a variety of cars suitable for fitting up to 9 people. Please choose the option in the form while booking us and the price will be displayed in the screen according to the size of car you have chosen. You can also contact us if you need any assistance.
One of our highly professional, knowledgeable, and friendly drivers will escort you and explain the history and culture of Japan and Kyoto and will help you make the most out of your Kyoto vacation.
Suggested popular sightseeing spots:
- Nijo Castle (the former Kyoto residence of the shogun with spacious Japanese gardens)
- Kinkakuji Temple (the famous Golden Pavillion)
- Ryoanji (one of the most famous Zen rock gardens in Japan)
- Arashiyama district (a scenic natural area with magnificent bamboo grove)
- Kiyomizu Temple (one of the best known wooden temples in Kyoto with a spectacular panoramic view over the city)
- Heian Shrine (constructed for the 1100th anniversary of the establishment of Heian-kyo)
- Ginkakuji Temple (also known as the Silver Pavillion)
- Philosopher's path (a famous sakura viewing spot along a small river)
You can check out the photos of the places you will visit by looking at the gallery at the bottom of this page or visiting our FB page: click here.
Book For Your Trip
* The indicated price is for 4 people per taxi but if you select a bigger car (when filling in the web form on this page) the screen will display the new price.
* Due to the high demand customers are kindly requested to pay a reservation fee.
The tour departs from the address of your Kyoto accommodation, which you provide when booking the taxi tour. If you are coming from Osaka or Tokyo, your guide can go and pick you up from Kyoto Station.
If you wish to change the departure time please let us know. We will try to do our best to meet your needs.
*8 hours or 4 hours approximately.
*You can extend your taxi tour to up to 10 hours per each additional half an hour (at a cost of 2,060 Japanese Yen -around 20 USD- for the small car).
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00 pm.
The Tour doesn't include
Parking and highway fees nor temple and garden entrance fees.
Please be sure to read our FAQ to see extra details.
Book us now by filling in the form at the right side of this page (no payment is required yet and you can change your itinerary later on).
Tips and suggestions from our most acclaimed taxi tour drivers on TripAdvisor:
- We accept customer reservations on First-come, first-served basis. In other words, you have more chances to join our tours the earlier you make a reservation.
- If you liked the services we provided as guides please feel free to offer us a tip (We will not feel offended at all! We accept them gratefully).
-We do not mind receiving foreign currency.