Classic Kyoto (private walking tour)
A day trip where you get to see the sites that most represent the majesty of the city of Kyoto.
The tour mainly concentrates on the western side of the city, an area surrounded by green mountains. This versatile tour includes a visit to four UNESCO conservation sites, each with its own story and character.
During the day, you will be exposed to the history of Buddhism in Japan, especially the famous practice of Zen which gained popularity and became world-renowned over the years, and see how it influenced and was assimilated into the Japanese culture .
The tour will take you to:
- Nishiki market (one of the busiest Kyoto fresh food markets)
- Nijo Castle (the former Kyoto residence of the shogun with spacious Japanese gardens)
- Kinkakuji Temple (the famous Golden Pavillion)
- Ryoanji (one of the most famous Zen rock gardens in Japan)
- Arashiyama district (a scenic natural area with magnificent bamboo grove)
You can check out the photos of the places you will visit by looking at the gallery at the bottom of this page or visiting our FB page: click here.
The tour departs from the address of your Kyoto accommodation, which you provide when booking the tour. If you are coming from Osaka or Tokyo, your guide can go and pick you up from Kyoto Station.
If you wish to change the departure time please contact us in advance.
- 8 hours approximately for a full day tour.
- You can also opt for a half-day tour of approximately 4 hours. (If you are interested in a half day tour, please select the option on the web form. A new lower price will be displayed on the screen).
Means of transport
Public transportation : A combination of buses, trains or taxis can be used to get from one tourist spot to another. Please note that these fees are no included in the tour package, and do not forget to cover your guide's travel expenses as well.
Our guides will be happy to suggest restaurants during lunch time and also places where you can buy snacks and drinks along the way (these expenses are not included in the tour package). Please note that for full-day tours, the guide will join you for lunch and we ask that you cover the cost of his/her lunch.
Temple and garden entrance fees are also not included (these costs are usually low).
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00 pm.
Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your entire group (from 1 up to 6 people). We don't charge per person.
Please be sure to read our FAQ to see what is included in the tour fee and other details.
Book us now by filling in the form at the right side of this page (no payment is required yet and you can change your itinerary later on). Remember, all our prices are in US dollars