Fushimi Inari & Nara (private walking tour)
A very memorable day tour that will take you to the heart of the Japanese beliefs and their history.
The tour will start with visiting one of Kyoto's greatest sightseeing places, Fushimi Inari Shrine, best known for its scenic view of thousands vermilion torii gates leading the shrine guests deeper and higher towards Inariyama mountaintop.
Next, we will be heading to Nara, Japan's ancient capital. Built in the early 8th century, Nara symbolizes the great Buddhist cultural flourish of the time.
We'll visit Todaiji Temple – the largest wooden structure in the world – with its impressive 16-meter tall bronze Buddha statue. But that is not all
The tour will take you to:
- Fushimi Inari Shrine
- Todaiji Temple (one of the oldest temples known for the giant Buddha statue inside)
- Nara Park (a picturesque park with freely walking deer that you can feed)
- Wakakusayama (a small mountain behind the park known for sakura trees and a spectacular fire festival in January)
- Kasuga Taisha (Nara’s most important Shinto shrine)
- Kofukuji Temple (attractive old temple with a five-storey pagoda
You can check out the photos of the places you will visit by looking at the gallery at the bottom of this page or visiting our FB page: click here.
The tour departs from the address of your Kyoto accommodation, which you provide when booking the tour. If you are coming from Osaka or Tokyo, your guide can go and pick you up from Kyoto Station.
If you wish to change the departure time please contact us in advance.
- 8 hours approximately for a full day tour.
- Commuting from Kyoto and Nara usually takes about 1 hour by train. Because of this reason we do not provide a half day Fushimi Inari & Nara tour (if you would like a half day tour we suggest to check out our Ancient Kyoto or Classic Kyoto tours).
Means of transport
Public transportation: A combination of buses, trains or taxis can be used to get from one tourist spot to another. Please note that these fees are no included in the tour package, and do not forget to cover your guide's travel expenses as well.
Our guides will be happy to suggest restaurants during lunch time and also places where you can buy snacks and drinks along the way (these expenses are not included in the tour package). Please note that for full-day tours, the guide will join you for lunch and we ask that you cover the cost of his/her lunch.
Temple and garden entrance fees are also not included (these costs are usually low).
Returns to original departure point at approximately 5:00 pm.
Remember that the price of the tour is the same for your group (from 1 up to 6 people). We don't charge per person.
Please be sure to read our FAQ to see what is included in the tour fee and other details.
Book us now by filling in the form at the right side of this page (no payment is required yet and you can change your itinerary later on). Remember, all our prices are in US dollars